Gumbiner Savett Inc. is a full service accounting firm that has been involved in the wine and food industry for over 25 years. We work with wineries, vineyards and restaurants both in California and around the nation, offering a wide variety of accounting, tax, and business advisory specifically for the wine industry.
Our team of financial and state and local tax experts includes food and wine enthusiasts with deep roots in the industry. In this time of economic downturn, it is more important than ever to re-visit your current property tax program since property tax is an operating expense and can be controlled. If your compliance work is being done on a "mass filing" basis, chances are there is no in-depth analysis being performed and therefore, potential property tax savings are being missed.
With over 50 years of combined government, industry and public accounting experience, our tax professionals will complete a complimentary asset analysis by reviewing several prior returns for existing and new clients. We look at costs that may not add value based on state tax laws that exempt or exclude these costs.
Ours is a holistic approach that delivers a unique breadth of services:
- Accounting, bookkeeping & business management
- State & local tax strategies, return preparation, and audits
- Property tax preparation, compliance and valuation
- Sales and use tax compliance
- City gross receipts taxes
- State income taxes
- Audit representation and resolution
- Inventory and purchasing controls & theft prevention
- Profitability analysis and enhancement
- Revenue cycle assessments
- Proactive reviews of prior state & local tax filings