[Pursuant to Food and Agricultural Code Sections 5705 and 6045 et seq.]
1. _________________________________ County Agricultural Commissioner ("CAC"). Contact: ________________________ ________________________ ______________, CA ______ Telephone: (____) ____-______ Facsimile: (____) ____-______ 2. California Department of Food and Agriculture ("CDFA"). 3. Name of Grower: _______________________________________ (subsequently referred to as "Grower"). Mailing Address: ________________ City: _____________ Zip: _____ Physical Location: _______________ City: _____________ Zip: _____
Pierce's Disease presents a clear and present danger to a vital industry in the State of California. Movement of the vector, glassy-winged sharpshooter (GWSS), via movement of bulk grapes is a possible channel for this vector of Pierce's Disease to move from established locations to new locations.
Pursuant to Article 8 (commencing with Section 6045) of Chapter 9 of Part 1 of Division 4 of the Food and Agricultural Code (Act), CDFA administers a cooperative effort between public entities which are responsible to contain GWSS and Pierce's Disease. CAC is such a public entity, with additional authority and responsibility conferred by the Food and Agricultural Code.
Pursuant to Food and Agricultural Code Section 5705, either or both CDFA and CAC may enter into Compliance Agreements with Growers pursuant to statutory standards, as a means of carrying out the statutory responsibilities set out hereinabove. CAC is willing to permit such movement pursuant to Food and Agricultural Code Section 6045 et seq. if Grower complies with CAC's reasonable time, place, and means restrictions as set forth in this agreement and its attachments. CDFA, in its capacity as administrator of GWSS, enters into this agreement on behalf of destination counties pursuant to Food and Agricultural Code Sections 5705 and 6045 et seq..
Grower operates in CAC's jurisdiction and is in the business of producing grapes. Grower may or may not operate within 5 miles of an infestation. However, Grower wishes to take preventative measures to insure that it may continue to move its bulk grapes into areas not known to be infested. Grower is, therefore, willing to enter into a Compliance Agreement pursuant to Food and Agricultural Code Section 5705.
- Subject to the monitoring requirements set out in exhibit B, CAC will permit Grower to self-execute the Origin Bulk Grape Compliance Requirements, attached as Exhibit A and incorporated into this agreement by reference as if fully set out.
- In exchange for CAC's promise contained in sub-paragraph "A" above, Grower agrees to:
- Handle, process, and/or move regulated materials in accordance with the Compliance Requirements;
- Follow CAC's instructions, whether written or in the form of a verbal communication from an authorized representative, for the use of any and all permits and certificates; and,
- Maintain and make such records as CAC requires accessible for inspection upon reasonable notice by CAC. These records shall be maintained for a period of the later of two years or the resolution of any outstanding claims;
- Agreement becomes effective on signing and shall remain in effect until canceled by either party on thirty days notice to the other at the address of either appearing above. However, CAC or CDFA may accelerate the notice to immediate for cause, including but not limited to discovery of glassy- winged sharpshooter in bulk grapes or Grower's abandonment of the procedures outline in the attached Exhibit.
- Grower assumes all liability, if any, arising from the manner in which Grower applies treatments.
- If any provision of this agreement is invalidated the balance of this
Agreement's provisions shall continue in full force and effect unless the Agreement is cancelled by CAC or CDFA in accordance with sub-paragraph C.
NOTICE: Any signatory or employee of any signatory who violates the terms of this Compliance Agreement may be subject to Civil Penalties pursuant to California Food and Agricultural Code Section 5705.
Signed in the County of ______________________ in the State of California on ______/____/ 2000. __________________________ Grower, by: ___________________________ Manager/Owner CAC, by: ____________________________ Authorized Representative Approved: ___________/__/2000 CDFA, by: ___________________________ Authorized Representative