In addition to state, national and international public policy and advocacy efforts, specific activities include:
- Wine Institute's International Trade Policy Department works to eliminate trade barriers and grow U.S. wine exports globally.
- The 2015 Economic Impact Report highlights the industry's significant contributions to communities and California's economy;
- Wine Institute workshops for members cover timely subjects such as Sustainability Winegrowing, Direct Shipping, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and International Trade Policy and Export Promotion;
- The Code of Advertising Standards encourages responsible advertising practices;
- Wine Institute contributes to the economic vitality of the state through a California First Campaign with the California Travel and Tourism Commission to bring visitors to cities and rural communities by showcasing California’s outstanding wine and food offerings.
- To broaden public understanding of the wine industry and its important role in the American economy, lifestyle and culture; Wine Institute supports the moderate consumption of wine as a mealtime beverage;
- News conferences and releases keep the media and public informed of our priorities.